Thursday 12 July 2012

Bag or cushion?

Yesterday in the shop I crocheted a few more Granny squares. I'm no expert at doing crochet, I taught myself from a library book and if you look closely you'll see these 'squares' are not really square at all! However using crochet produces quicker results than knitting. And it's fun choosing what colours to use.

Now I have to decide what fabric would go well with them. A heavyweight linen in that greeny-yellow shade might look good for a bag but I haven't got any of that. What I have got is a felted pinky-lilac cardigan. That might work.

On Monday the Olympic torch is passing through Dragon Street at 8.30 in the morning.  We shops will be open especially early. If you haven't yet visited Handmade Happiness you could 'kill two birds with one stone'. See the shop plus witness an historical event!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend told me there is a problem with leaving a comment on my blog so I'm testing. Short cut is to click on Anonymous and, if you want to, include your name/blog address etc in the text.

Handmade cushions said...

These handmade cushions are really great. The design is fabulous. You have done well in making a decision regarding the fabric type, as fabric plays a very important role.