Sunday 1 September 2019

This week

NEW!  Shibori indigo dyed cushions and pieces of fabric by Penny Munro
Night time moth picture embroidered by Ann Hutchings
'Day' embroidery by Ann Hutchings
Continuing to dress my painted peg dolls this week. I'm also selling them without clothes if you want to dress them yourself.

I feel privileged to have two of Ann Hutchings lovely embroideries in the shop this week. She is so clever.
Penny Munro who uses dyeing techniques with indigo dye also brought in her work this week and I am pleased to be able to offer her cushions and pieces for patchwork for sale. The cushion seen behind my dolls is also from Penny.  Just a warning. Although these pieces have been washed the dye keeps on bleeding so do not put indigo dyed fabric into the washing machine. Wash it separately by hand.
Penny gave a very successful indigo dyeing workshop to members of Phoenix Stitchers recently. Phoenix Stitchers are running a coach up to the Knitting and Stitching show on Sunday October 13th. If anyone wants to join us it's £30 each to include entrance to the show, with cheques made payable to Phoenix Stitchers you can hand in to me at the shop from now onwards to book yourself a place on the coach.
Next week sees the start of the Sewing Group at the library. It's on Friday night September 6th from 5pm to 6.30pm. Maximum of 12 people. If you want to join in email me in advance please so I can keep an eye on numbers. This friendly group is completely free of charge for people to sew in good company. I felt that women who work and can't attend creative sessions during daytime may be able to come to this.

No comments: