Monday 9 September 2019

London Inspiration

In a window behind Oxford Street
Gorgeous glass
Cake counter at Selfridges
Beautiful flower display
A stunning bit  of floor tiling
Ho Ho Ho? Oh No No No! Bit too early?

It was my daughter's birthday so my other daughter and I met her in Argyll street off Oxford Street. It was 9.45am and we hadn't realised that the shops don't actually open now until 12pm.  So we wandered and put the world to rights over a coffee or two.

Lots of homeless asleep in sleeping bags on the pavement. It's probably safer for them to sleep during the day than at night. But what really distressed me was a young girl, clearly out of her head on drugs, sitting slumped forward. Clearly in need of help. Back here in Petersfield the Salvation Army give practical help to so many people and hopefully one of those kind souls will get her back on her feet again.

It is quite mind blowing to go from crowded pavements into that bastion of all things luxurious that is Selfridges!! I bought a magazine because I think Selfridges stock virtually any magazine you could possibly think of! Nearby the Christmas packaging caught my eye and would you believe it, people were already buying it! I can't think of red and green while the sun is still shining!
I'm sorry I can't tell you who made the glass plates pictured. I'll try to find out and then let you know.

Our favourite place to share some food is Carluccio's but its Fenwicks branch was closed for re-furbishment and will re-open in about a month. So we walked back to the original cafe. I noticed that hemp seems to be the food of the day. More seeds anyone?


No comments: