Tuesday 20 August 2013

Arundel Gallery Trail

A wicker bunny perched on a house in Tarrant Street
 The trail is open daily until August 26th. Weekdays from 2-5pm and weekend from 12 - 5.30pm. If you live near Arundel go round. It's an experience to see the lovely houses the art work is as well as for the artwork itself. 

Mostly paintings - I like the work of  Karin Moorhouse, Andy Waite,Emma Rimer and Frances Knight in particular. Some craft: Vanda Zebrak is brilliant with her embroideries and glass pieces mostly depicting light through trees; I also like Fanny Peppercorn's white porcelain and Jacqui Watkins' lino cuts. (Jacqui's cards are very popular with Handmade Happiness customers.)

It was nice to go round accompanied by my younger daughter. Her real appreciation made it even more of a pleasure. Sometimes I think it would be nice if I could sell more paintings but it's a price thing. Most items in Handmade Happiness are priced at well under £100. These paintings are priced in the hundreds or in the thousands. I would have to evolve into a very different type of gallery to accomodate paintings and at the moment I'm going down a different path.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for blogging about our woven sculptural work back in 2013, please see our website for more.
http://www.twocirclesdesign.co.uk/