Sunday 18 August 2013

London, Paris, Petersfield

Beautiful painted and collaged walls at Sketch, London. Photo from their website www.sketch.uk.com
 My friend Bee and her husband are in Paris this week and I must admit to being envious. Walking the streets of Paris and coming across all sorts of unexpected wonders is an exciting thing to do ...maybe next year. Meanwhile I am lucky enough to visit London where two of my children live, quite regularly.

When I lived in Chichester I used to hop on a train and visit Brighton for that injection of city excitement. Brighton shops and the colourful individuals in the street. It's like a wake up from the everyday. And it's inspiring. To visit an exhibition or a handful of shops in London now is to bring back a camera full of pictures and hopefully, a few new ideas triggered by things seen. But isn't it good to get back home? Back to, in my case, Petersfield, which I love. 

No comments: