Wednesday 16 October 2013

Sophie Digard crochet scarves

Fine crochet scarves by Sophie Digard on the Selvedge stand at K&S
These scarves have such a different look that they are instantly recognisable when you see someone wearing one.

I am aiming for a distinctive, special look in Handmade Happiness and although it's sometimes tempting to compromise I shall try to stick to my original motivation of selling good design, well made by mostly local individuals. And if it get's a 'wow' from me the first time I see it, it's definitely in!

You might be wondering why I'm showing all these pictures taken at the Knitting and Stitching show when the blog is actually about Handmade Happiness, the shop. My theory is that the more quality items we see the more we are encouraged to try harder with what we make and what we select for ourselves. I hope that makes sense.

Meanwhile I am getting on with fairy boxes and giving the shop a spring  autumn clean. I'm having another change around and will take some shop pictures today.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful and what an unusual and creative way to display them too. Whilst I like your idea of mostly local individuals products I do think you should be careful not to rule out other makers work from further afield as it could be something that sells well and ultimately benefits the shop...just a thought and you know what you are doing so please don't take this comment as any criticism!

jenny said...

Thanks Chrissy. I agree.