Sunday 13 October 2013

Knitting and Stitching show, London

Display on Stef Francis stand
Interesting art work on the Stef Francis stand
 Ooh the frustration of having no internet connection yesterday. Anyway after fiddling around with all the wires and plugs I've got it back today so on with the blog!

Yesterday I went to the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace and found some good, inspiring work. I'll share more pictures tomorrow but what I loved the most was the Jan Beany and Jean Littlejohn display stand. These two mega talented individuals make multi media canvasses involving stitch, paint and fabrics - collages of complicated beauty you can only stand in front of awe- struck like I did. They teach and give talks and workshops all around the country inspiring thousands of women.

I was on a mission for Handmade Happiness to find more talented makers. And I am happy to say I found three whose work will be a welcome addition to all the lovely things HH already has.

If you've never visited the Knitting and Stitching show I tell you it's big. Two halls one with designer makers selling what they make and sit down workshops. The other filled with trade stands selling everything you need to make with plus known artists displaying and selling their work and art students and their work. Even after a full day of looking I've still not seen everything. Ideally you have to be there for two days I reckon especially if you stop and chat to stall holders like I do.
More tomorrow.
By the way apologies for saying previously that the Selvedge fair is on October 30th. Sorry it's actually on November 29th and 30th.

No comments: