Sunday 29 September 2013

Framed textile picture by Pam Dew

Sheep picture by Pam Dew
 I collect fabric, good cotton fabric or linen or velvet. If I see a nice piece of fabric in a charity shop for two or three pounds I buy it thinking I'll use it later. But recently the price of shirts, skirts, dresses etc in charity shops has gone up and I am never tempted. Also I have come to the realisation that I am never going to use most of these lovely fabrics I have collected so I may as well pass them on to someone like Pam who makes good use of any fabric she has whether it's in cushions or pictures or patchwork quilts.

 That is why I have a big bag of fabrics waiting to be given to Pam. I have kept back the calico and bits of Liberty I use for dolls but apart from dolls and the occasional Christmas decoration I don't need fabrics. 

Talking of fabrics I am looking forward to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in London from October 10th to 13th. There is always so much excellent work from art and fashion students to see plus hundreds of stalls selling craft materials. It's usually crowded but a feast for the eyes. I'll take some photos to share with you.

No comments: