Tuesday 27 August 2013

Walk round Petersfield lake

Petersfield's lake at twilight.
  We walked round the lake late afternoon. Families were picnic-ing; dogs running into the water after sticks; boys paddling canoes and couples  rowed boats. I noticed that the modest little shed which sold ice-creams and soft drinks has been turned into 'The Plump Duck', a far grander business offering paninis and filled baguettes, even jacket potatoes.

 You can walk the path round the lake in 20 minutes, some people run round, children ride on shoulders round or scoot their scooters round. It's a nice little excercise which I always intend to do daily but never do... The views across the lake and the swans beside the lake always make me wish I'd brought my camera. But I can't find it at the moment. Hopefully it's on the shop desk.

There'll be no drop-in craft session tonight. I'm too busy with wedding stuff. Let's take a break and start again at the end of September when we'll start making for Christmas. 

No comments: