Monday 22 June 2020

Inspiration

From a card I made
And another card  I made I now find inspiring
Giant flower seen on my walk
Hollyhock time. How do they grow in the dirt next to walls?
The Chiltern hills where one of my daughters lives

I went to stay with my daughter who has just had a baby. That is why I haven't blogged for ages.  As you may have gathered from my last post I was going a bit stir crazy after 12 weeks on my own. It was lovely to be in Hertfordshire walking in beautiful countryside with baby, two year old and my daughter and son-in-law. 

I've come home inspired to start making again and to sort out my craft materials ready for my next project which, hopefully will be jewellery!

I saw the giant flower on my walk yesterday and immediately was reminded of Georgia O'Keefe's paintings of flowers. It was honestly the size of a dinner plate. 

When I looked through old photos of things I made in the past these two scraps from my cards caught my eye. I want to do more combining embroidery with papers. But first I have housework to catch up on after time away.

I hope you are staying well and feeling reasonably optimistic. It's hard when things feel vague and we don't know what the future holds for any of us. I find it helps to talk to friends and family and to get outside into the fresh air as much as possible. Take care. X

No comments: