Wednesday 2 October 2019

Knitted decorations and bags

Sue Inglis knits these decorations @eggandspoonstudio
Now in the shop. Sue Inglis' of eggandspoonstudio designs and knits these.
Very special Christmas card by Sue Inglis
I just made some 'Arty' carrier bags
The first Christmas decorations are in the shop! Sue's designs are very popular and every year she comes up with a new twist! My favourite so far is this white fluffy cat with cosy scarf.
I've waited until the beginning of October to offer Christmas goods because I hate to see Christmas cards, advent calendars and gift wrap for sale in September or even August in some cases.

I wonder if other families, like mine are having a re-think about Christmas this year. One of my daughters has suggested we make presents for each other. My other daughter doesn't want us to give presents at all. We all want to avoid anything plastic, so no plastic toys for the children from now onwards.

All the busy,hard working people out there who love the idea of making presents but haven't got the time to do so can buy something lovingly handmade by an artistic individual from Handmade Happiness. 

This year I'm aiming to have more choice and the best quality ever! I think after 8 years of trading the shop has a reputation for very special, always well-received presents. And this year, with all the political turmoil and unrest the little shop offers a safe haven for people to rest and dream and be inspired.

No comments: