Tuesday 30 July 2013

What's new in Chichester?

Chichester Cathedral (with mysterious pink light!)
Seasalt sells clothes and opened in Chichester yesterday. 
Susie Watson in North Street. An impressive homewares shop.
Newly-open in North Street, the French beauty shop.
Set into the pavement - a reminder that this was a Roman city.
 I had a proper day off in Chichester yesterday. I took lots more photographs, you'll see others later.

Seasalt had some interesting craft-y plants in the window- more on that later; Susie Watson, on two floors has a range of pretty pom-pom trimmings I really like. A big, impressive shop to look around. L'Occitane smells divine and thoughtfully has tester scents on a table outside for passers-by to try.

What I actually bought were two charity shop bargains: A too-heavy-to-carry book called Quilts and a Brora linen flowery skirt. Also some Vilene from C&H fabrics for bag/purse making and some manilla luggage labels I use for pricing from Office Supplies in Crane Street.

Today both my daughters are visiting Handmade Happiness and before that I'm looking forward to receiving more kaleidoscopes from Frank Higgins, who together with his wife Janet, designs and makes them. And tonight we're focussing on making invitations at the drop-in session. One daughter will have gone home by then but I'm hoping the other daughter will join us.



No comments: