Monday 29 July 2013

In the window at Handmade Happiness

The Handmade Happiness window this week.
Alison Dupernex scarf and Samantha Robertson's ceramics.
Sue Inglis' bunny and Lindsey Agostinelli teddy.  Jugs by Ali Cooper; sugar tongs bracelet by Jenny Shutler; birds by Michelle Green; heart tea light holder by Samantha Robertson; cat toast rack and cockerel by Kate Hackett and decorated notebook by Jacqui Watkins.
 As usual I can't take a picture of my shop without also taking a good picture of the reflection of buildings opposite!
Saturday was the day of the 100 km walk for Oxfam. How I admire everyone that got themselves sponsored to walk 100 km. And it was hot and humid. I guess if you complete that you must feel invincible!

I get a lot of foreign visitors in my shop. It is great to meet them and talk to them. They are walking all round the town, really exploring it, not just Waitrose and the High Street which is how they stumble across Handmade Happiness in Dragon Street. After nearly two years I still get Petersfield residents coming in and saying,'Well I never. How did I not know you were here?'
Can I just give a thumbs up to Disking the computer shop next to me? On Saturday I couldn't get my lap top to work at all. I took it next door and after a brief look I was told how to sort it and that helpful, clever assistant wouldn't take any money! So they deserve a recommendation from me. 

No comments: