Tuesday 2 July 2013

Liberty, London

Approaching Liberty from Argyll Street. Never noticed those large chimneys before.
Christian Lacroix stationery
Letters on cards
Gorgeous children's clothes in Liberty prints.
A peg doll in her own box
I had such a good day off! We met in Liberty stationery department. I wanted to see the Japanese gift wrap again but they didn't have it this time. They did have letter cards which I had thought of making... But seeing the peg doll boxes made me think a letter on a box might be an idea. 
Liberty fabrics are everywhere. Quilted on i-pad covers, on shirts and childrens' clothes. It all looks lovely displayed together.

Liberty stock all the Merchant and Mills sewing notions. I had intended buying some pins but strict daughter talked me out of it. Her argument was that I could probably get glass headed pins at John Lewis for a fraction of the price. I pleaded the attractive packaging but then we got talking about packaging in general and more specifically why she wanted to know didn't I concentrate on producing lovely packaging for Handmade Happiness products?
This makes me think about Paris and all the lovely unusual items you can find there which could be beautifully packaged - buttons and little velvet flowers and pretty beads... Oh yes!

Fenwicks next stop. Pictures of things there later this week. We shared an 'antipasta verdure' and then shared a beautiful gooey chocolate pudding. Put the world to rights then Cos where my lovely daughter kindly bought me a dress - a late birthday present; Pull and Bear, Uniqlo - did you know Cabbages and Roses and Greengate and Celia Birtwell have all done ranges for Uniqlo? So darn pretty. H&M home wear - it's only stocked by the Oxford Street store. I love their linen bedding and velvet cushions. Then Marks and Sparks for clothes for my mum and exhausted onto the 7.00pm train home. 

2 comments:

bright star said...

I love Liberty's and have done since I was a teenager and used to buy remnabts if tana lawn to make smocks and dresses. They were reasonable priced then and now of course they are used for patchwork kits. Still many happy emories of this amazing shop.

Anonymous said...

Every morning when I worked at Jaeger I walked down Argyll Street towards that wonderful view of Liberty's.
Oh what memories! Thank-you for that little bit of London.
Much Love Hazel