Thursday 4 April 2013

It's my birthday this month ...

My brother's log burning stove.
 If you feel badly about giving me no diet tips yesterday you could club together and get me one of these for my birthday!!  Only joking of course.
Wasn't it cold in the night? I had to get up to put on a thick jersey and socks, feeling cold to the marrow. Maybe I've suddenly lost so much weight I feel the cold more...!

Wednesday is always the worst day financially in the shop. I don't know why, it just is. Saturday's usually the best. But I had some great conversations with customers yesterday. There was a lovely lady who sews in the morning. We talked about the therapeutic value of art and craft. And in the afternoon, Jessica who talked about the difference between living in Albania and living in this country. So interesting. As she is about to marry an Albanian I'm hoping she'll blog about her adventures. If so I'll post a link here.

What did you think about The Great British Sewing Bee on Tuesday night's tv? I admit to being slightly disappointed. I wanted to know more about the individuals taking part. That way you can have a favourite or two and wish them well each programme. 

The ones that stood out for me were Ann, at 82 still pin-sharp and glamorous. For her making clothes looked as natural as breathing. And pony-tailed Mark who looked fabulous in the historically accurate pirate costume he had made himself, but didn't find making clothes for women as easy.

I wonder if there's an American version of this programme? I used to love the US programme Project Runway where fashion students made clothes within a short time frame, maybe that's where the idea for this came from.

By the way, if you are thinking of visiting the shop today, Thursday, be aware that my friend Roly will be there instead of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, I've tried (and failed) to comment before so let's see if I can crack it this time! Re looking as good as you can in photos - I think losing weight is less important than wearing something that really suits you. Have a colour/style consultation before buying your 'mother of the bride' outfit!
Thanks so much for your lovely blog. Nicky

jenny said...

Well done Nicky! Thank you for commenting and your good advice.