Thursday 18 April 2013

Glorious colour in Handmade Happiness

Cardigan and scarves by Alison Dupernex; lambswool blankets by Kate Box
Scarves by Alison Dupernex; blankets by Kate Box
 Love all this colour that you see as you step into Handmade Happiness! Colours like this are uplifting. I remember a 'Colour Therapy' shop that used to be in Bosham Walk with bottles of liquid in many colours in the window. I didn't understand what the 'treatments' offered but I guess it was mood altering therapy. 
I'm looking forward to visiting the King of Colour's exhibition in Bermondsey next month - that is Mr Kaffe Fassett.  He must have inspired millions like me.

Well I'm another year older and another year wiser! Thank you so much for the birthday comments yesterday. Hurray! 

One of the good things about getting older is that you can get away with saying what you really think more.  When you're young you want to be liked and will change chameleon- like depending on who you're talking to. When you're older you know your own opinions and are not afraid to voice them. Also you are confident enough to say 'no' and mean 'no'. You don't care so much about being liked so you stick to your own standards and don't worry about little things any more. As my mother used to say, ' Don't even start worrying until you are actually in the dentist's chair.' Good advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, Glad you had a good birthday yesterday. I love that colour block cardigan in your picture but does it come in any other colours, as those really aren't my colours?!
Thanks, Nicky from Haslemere

jenny said...

Hello Nicky. I've also got that cardigan with deep pink sleeves (same colour as back)and pale blue back. Lilac one side, green the other like the one pictured but opposite sides.