Friday 1 November 2013

In the window...

In the Handmade Happiness window this week

From the top: Jill Martin's lino cut cards £2.00 each;  Michelle Green's needlefelted bird £29.00; Sue Inglis' sheep £6.50; Jenny Stacy fairy box £5.00 and lavender stuffed heart below £9.50; Ali Cooper ceramics bowl (sold); butterfly mug £17.50 and pink spot mug £14.00; Lindsey Agostinelli patchwork bear £29.00;  Kirstie Turner inscribed knife £9.50.

Dave Tull card £1.20; Frank Higgins kaleidoscope (sold); Natasha Rothschild knitted reindeer £9.50; Jacqui Watkins lino cut design notebook £4.50; Harriet Gardiner crochet lobster £6.50 and Eve Deary cut slate heart coasters, set of four £16.00.

Yesterday Sheila Barrow visited the shop with some beautiful embroidered pictures of the South Downs. Sheila's work is very popular - I'll show some photos tomorrow. Handmade Happiness also stocks her covered notebooks, embellished purses and velvet scarves. Come in and see her new pieces!

I have just finished reading Edith Wharton's 'Summer'. It's a powerful book as is 'The Colour Purple' by Alice Walker and 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett which I've recently read. I love to have a good book on the go although I do find that what I'm reading has an effect on my day to day life. Do you?

No comments: