Wednesday 6 November 2013

Making an early morning sea necklace

Bringing the right colours together including my painted beads
The finished necklace apart from the clasp
Same necklace different lighting
 I like blue greys at the moment so I thought I'd do a sea necklace this morning. It will display well with the red coral one I did the other day. What takes the time is deciding what to use and what to discard. Lots of experimental threading up and grouping of beads until it looks right. I like the real thing better than the photographs of it. I always get too much light in my pictures so there's a lack of definition and the shapes of the beads in the middle don't show up at all in these pictures.

Michelle Green has made a lurcher which is now in the window of Handmade Happiness. Michelle needlefelts birds and dogs and she is very good at it. Everyone loves her garden birds and now I am glad to say that she is making some dogs for Handmade Happiness as well. Picture follows.


No comments: