Friday 7 December 2018

My Cards and Brenda's Christmas wreaths

I love making cards like this. 'Christmas hug' by Jenny Stacy
Different colours but still a Christmas hug by Jenny Stacy
Giant Catherine Wheel wreath  made by Brenda Tilbury
All natural gold sprayed wreath by Brenda Tilbury 
Smaller, lightweight wreath with feathers by Brenda Tilbury

I am loving the process of making Christmas cards this year. With all the rain, the depressing Brexit news etc. hunkering down to paint, tear papers and draw has felt especially therapeutic. I made a dozen and in a minute I'll finish off a dozen more so I can hopefully take more into work today. I'm also enjoying making more mice in walnut shell cradles. The current batch I'm making at work have really old fabric bed covers ie. old eiderdown fabric.

This week Brenda has brought in more of her popular wreaths. Brenda walks in all weathers and picks up all the cones, leaves, twigs and berries she uses as she walks along. She can even twiddle a bunch of twigs into a wreath shape as she walks. Huge respect to this woman!

Yesterday I was happy to get another stock delivery from Kate Box. Her wrist warmers and neckwarmers are so popular at this time of year, both for keeping customers warm and for giving away as well-received Christmas presents.

No comments: