Saturday 7 November 2015

It's the Season

Mosaic tiles outside a shop in Havant
I love finding unnecessary decorative details on buildings and this wall and floor of multi-coloured tiny tiles is a joy. When it was made there was perhaps more time and money to pay attention to details and please the eye when adding the final touches.

This week Handmade Happiness has had a delivery of new ceramics from Justine Jenner and the shop window has been transformed with greenery by Brenda Tilbury. On my day off I bought fairy lights. My only regret is that I didn't check them and the white flex shows up against the green foliage. Never mind the look is still pretty and the window is gradually transforming into a seasonal Christmas window. 

Today I'm hoping for a parcel from my friend Bee Mellor who has created some lovely bird brooches for the shop. I've been working away on bird decorations which will soon be appearing in the window along with all the lovely handmade Christmas decorations created by Sue Inglis, Kate Hackett and Doreen Arnold.Decorations will combine with gift ideas from all the makers to make this year's window hopefully the best ever!




3 comments:

Brenda Tilbury said...

I can't wait for the birds to take flight in the window!! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda. I put two big birds in the window yesterday afternoon. Will finish the other two big ones in the shop next week and hopefully get started on some much smaller versions for tree decorations.
I am so pleased and grateful for your work installing the branches. Thank you.x Jenny

Brenda Tilbury said...

No, thank you for the absolute pleasure! xx