Sunday 29 November 2015

Being Yourself

Needlefelted brooch by Jenny Stacy
Bits of needlefelting done recently
As you get older you stop worrying about what people think. You realise that your time is limited and if you can't be yourself now you never will be. 

So forget what is 'cool' or fashionable. Forget what your friends like or dislike and how they live their lives. Your moment is now and you need to grab it and truly be yourself. Live your life the way you really deep down need to live it.

If you come to this confidence early in life you are one of the lucky ones. Most of us have to shake off some repression and guilt caught at an early age. We play it safe because therein lies our security. But maybe in always taking a back seat we are preventing ourselves from enjoying a full life with all the risk and excitement that may mean.

Live in full colour and stop choosing neutral shades.

(I intended to write about using traditional crafts in a contemporary way. Ho hum. All the above just wanted to be written more!!) 
By the way I do love getting comments. It's easy. Click on Anonymous, click on I am not a robot and after writing your comment click on publish. Done.

6 comments:

molebags said...

hi Jenny- Well said! Life's too short for beige xx

Brenda Tilbury said...

Definitely! I have decided to be 'me' and see what happens!

Anonymous said...

I like beige. I love colour in nature but i find manufactured products such as paint, dyes or on-glazes are less jarring in neutrals. Navy/black clothes, white walls, beige fabrics, white china.....that's me.
Christine

Anonymous said...

Well said, it is something I am trying to accomplish as I feel I may have let some things past by me by worrying about what other people think, although I do think you can be yourself without wearing very bright clothing :) But again this is a personal decision and everyone is unique!

jenny said...

Yes. I didn't mean literally wearing bright colours (unless you want to) I just meant live life in colour ie. live it to the full. Thanks for commenting.x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing that. It's exactly what I needed to read this morning.