Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ron Caddy's pens

 Ron Caddy brought his handmade pens to the shop at about the time I was wondering what gifts Handmade Happiness stocked for men. I think these are a perfect answer.

Crafted from English woods like Yew, Sycamore and Walnut they all come with a velvet bag. One the left are fountain pens (£45) with draw up ink well inside and free cartridge if this is not convenient. In the middle are 'Wave' biros (£25) and on the right roller ball pens (£45).

Takes me back to school days when we all wrote with fountain pens. And yes, my desk at boarding school had a white china inkwell let into the desk for re-filling. In fact wasn't there an 'ink monitor' whose job was to keep these topped up with ink? Then later there were bottles of Quink ink. I wonder if you can still buy Quink?

No comments: