Saturday 31 December 2011

Embellisher - Day 2

I like this best  because it's a picture not random experiments.
Here (above) I've tried out silk waste, lace, and cut out pieces of handmade felt.
I like the bright colours of this one. I've experimented with bits of nubbly yarn, wool tops and velvet. The dark background reminds me of the Northern Lights.

Yesterday I played on the embellisher for most of the day as it was quiet in the shop again. I need to move on from experimenting now and produce actual things to sell. The felt is beautifully soft and spec cases and purses would be easy to make. Also brooches and maybe hot water bottle covers.

 I'm not forgetting the clothing and cushions mentioned in the last post but maybe they are a bit ambitious for a beginner embellisher!

No comments: