Friday 30 December 2011

Embellisher fun!

An embellished felt cuff.
An embellished heart.
An embellished crochet purse.

Just before Christmas I bought an embellisher. I was so impressed  by what my friend Alison was creating with her embellisher - an Alfa 3000 costing £199 - that I wanted to have a go myself. I have wanted one for some years but I have never seen them at that price before. There are still models out there costing £400, even £700 available but £199 was do-able.

Yesterday I had great fun in the shop trying it out for the first time. It is addictive. Now I want to try out all kinds of different materials to see the range of effects you can get. I'm thinking big - cushions; jackets; scarves.Although realistically purses are more quickly achievable! Felt seems to be the best base material. So I need to make more large pieces of felt to embellish into.

If you want to see examples of Alison's work on the embellisher check out her blog http://www.fibrefrenzi.blogspot.com/ also in the margin on the right as 'colour queen'!
I'm off to make felt!

1 comment:

Fibre frenzi said...

So glad you're addicted to the embellisher....you're right, it IS addictive and I have to be strong willed to put it away. It's so easy and quick isn't it? Have fun x