Friday 22 June 2018

For sale

38mm coral velvet button on  painted paper background £3.50
Soft brown 38mm velvet button on collaged background £3.50
Rich rust 38mm velvet button on painted papers background £3.50
Red wine velvet 38mm button on painted paper £3.50
Yellow-green velvet 38mm button on collage background £3.50

One of the nicest things to do is to sit down with a pile of white paper and layer paint onto it and see what results. I thought it would be fun to use some of these painted papers together with the odd torn paper from a magazine, like the background to the yellow-green button above, as background to the buttons.

These buttons are the largest I covered. See more colours and sizes by scrolling down to a recent post where I pictured lots of them.

I made these yesterday afternoon when the shop was quiet. Today I'm planning to make some textile necklaces and if they get finished I'll sew some smaller buttons onto collaged painted papers. Now the question is: Will anybody buy them?

No comments: