Monday 12 November 2012

Cosy for winter

Seen in M&Co these soft fake fur throws and cushions. Throw £40; cushion £22.
(I don't get paid for writing about anything. I write about what I genuinely like.)

Are you thinking about winter and how you'll keep warm and cosy in the months ahead? I am.
Do you lie awake in the middle of the night, as I do, and plan how to change, re-arrange and generally improve everything? I find it takes me ages to get body clock working normally again after the clocks go back. Just have to accept waking at 4am and after long think/read/cup of tea, trying to go back to sleep for a bit.
I'm not daft enough to believe all of my optimistic plans will take effect.
That plan to shed two stone by Christmas for example by eating nothing but homemade vegetable soup taken to work in a thermos. That one probably won't happen.  But I will organise my paper work better soon. I will use my shop as my workshop after Christmas (I remember how very quiet it is in January.) And I will not keep buying magazines that promise to change and improve my life only to get them home to find their 'solution' involves buying a whole heap of new storage furniture, nick-nacks and possibly paying for a personal trainer. Nooooo!

No comments: