Wednesday 24 March 2021

Painting Peonies

I enjoyed using watercolours and watercolour pencil for this
Pink peonies with watercolour
Pussy willow seen on a walk

Apologies for being late to post this week. It's been a busy one.
I enjoyed painting with watercolours instead of acrylics. I used a dark red watercolour pencil to draw the outlines and then filled in with watercolour. I like the way watercolours bleed into each other.

It is such a joy to be outdoors at the moment. There are new lambs in the fields and pregnant horses. New leaves are unfurling themselves on the trees and everywhere wild flowers dot the banks and hedgerows. Violets, celandine (which look like open buttercups) primroses and blue periwinkles have replaced the snowdrops now. I am so grateful to live in Petersfield with unspoilt countryside to see on every walk.

I want to achieve another flower picture this week. Flowers in a vase, similar to the tulip pictures I did but with various different flowers.
I hope you have something to look forward to and that you can get outside and appreciate nature too.

No comments: