Thursday 26 October 2017

Making for Christmas

Making simple faiies for tree decorations.
They all have different dresses. Fairy peg doll by Jenny Stacy
New! Textile art specs pockets made by Bee Mellor
New! Specs cases made by Bee Mellor

Someone said it's only eight weeks til Christmas. Help! So much to make so little time.

 I need to make jewellery and it's something I never seem to get round to. I've been making Fairy Boxes - just need to finish those off and those fairies pictured above - 12 done, eight more to go. I've done childrens' jewellery - all the easy stuff. Jewellery seems to require a lot more thought but while I'm actually making I love the feeling of time standing still. Totally absorbed in what I'm doing. I think lots of people experience this, it's like a form of meditation...

This year I have some truly gorgeous handmade items from makers new to the shop. I'll share those beauties and more about the makers in my next post. 

No comments: