Friday 24 March 2017

Needlefelted purse experiment

Front of purse made by Jenny Stacy
                                                           Back of purse made by Jenny Stacy

Yesterday I felt like making a purse from a piece of my needlefelting as an experiment. The needlefelting is rather thick so I thought I'd compensate by using a fine piece of printed silk as the lining.

Last week Carol Smith showed Brenda Tilbury, Pam Dew and I how she makes lined, zipped purses and after making a cotton flowery one for my grandaughter during the week I'd forgotten how to piece the whole thing together. Carol patiently showed me again and this is the result. If I make any more I'll hand-stitch across the needlefelting before sewing it to the lining to add interest and to make the whole thing more secure. I will also make the needlefelting thinner and the lining a thicker silk because the silk lining I used was slippery to sew.

Now, let's talk social media:
I confess I've recently got hooked on Instagram. If you've got the Ap you can find me as jenny_handmade_happiness. If you want to get the Ap it's free to download. Warning - it's addictive.

I also enjoy Pinterest where I'm jennystacy17.
I'm ignoring my Facebook account now. Having been urged by friends and customers that I must be on Fb I just find it irritating. Sorry Fb fans. It sends out way too many emails...

I think I must set my timer before looking at Instagram or Pinterest in future, otherwise it's amazing how quickly time passes when you're having fun and what I'd prefer to be doing is writing! A second blog about diet and lifestyle ? That would also be fun.

No comments: