Sunday 30 November 2014

New in Handmade Happiness

Two seascapes painted by Christine Burgess. 'Dawn' left and 'Dusk' right.
Specs or phone cases made by Bee Mellor. £19.50each
Porcelain candle holders by Ali Cooper. £16.50 each
Single bed quilt made by Pam Dew.
This week Christine Burgess delivered large wooden boards, more twig hooks, lino cut printed Christmas cards and these two remarkable acrylic paintings - much bigger than they look here, inspired by Turner. I'm seriously thinking of re-decorating my house to suit the paintings. That is if no-one else beats me to it! They are really good!

More all silk specs cases from Bee Mellor. These make super gifts.

Ali Cooper came in with lots of mugs. I particularly like the ones with raised dogs and a skating bear. She likes working with porcelain clay and these night lights pictured are an example of what she achieves with it.

Pam Dew came in with her latest quilt. A riot of reds, oranges and highlights of yellows and greens. I love it as will anyone who loves Kaffe Fassett's fabrics.

Tanya Williamson has brought in more of her popular applique cushions.

The shop is bursting at the seams at the moment.  It was so busy yesterday. Come and see before someone else buys your favourite gifts.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Lovely things as always Jenny, could you let me know how much Christine's wonderful paintings are?
Will you be having any extended shopping hours during December - I know you practically live in the shop and I am not trying to encourage you to stay there any longer but if you are doing any additional hours it would be good to know about them!

jenny said...

Hello Chrissy. Those paintings have sold I'm afraid but Christine is planning to bring more to the shop soon.
I'm opening the shop next Sunday morning December 7th 10 til 12.30. If it's busy I'll stay open til 4pm.