Saturday 12 January 2013

hume sweet hume scarves

Displayed on my apple picking ladder I love the colours of these hume sweet hume scarves and bags.
Until just before Christmas I was able to say that Handmade Happiness was stocked with local peoples' work. It still is, it's just with the arrival of knitted accessories from Westray in the Orkneys, Scotland, local has had to become 'designed and made by individuals in the UK.'
Most items in HH are made in Petersfield, then some in the surrounding area like Alton, Farnham, Waterlooville etc. Two of the makers are from further west - Bristol and Somerset.

 I love it when someone comes through the door with well made, individual pieces. And I don't mind where they live really as long as what they make is original. I'm looking for the 'wow' factor and the pieces made by the lovely sisters from Westray have got that.  More things from them will be in the shop by the beginning of February. If you want to see more of what they do look at www.humesweethume.co.uk



No comments: