Wednesday 22 February 2012

Pretty printed tissue papers

 All the above tissue packs are on sale at Handmade Happiness, £2-20 each
Anyone who looked at this blog yesterday will have seen I had trouble posting. I've had to change my browser to Google Chrome because suddenly Internet Explorer wasn't acceptable. My clever son, who advised me says Google Chrome is the future so I'm ok with that. 
I find as I get older I like what I know. You get used to doing things in a certain way and 'If it ain't broke, why fix it?'


Is anyone else getting bombarded with emails from Linked In? I am finding it annoying because when someone you know asks you to be 'linked in' with them it seems rude to refuse. On the other hand I've never been much of a joiner. Even at brownies I was involved in a sit down strike because we all thought it was silly and didn't want to go any more. 


But this Linked In - what is it all about? How does it benefit you to be 'linked' to all these people you may know or not know? Two of my friends have told me they didn't actually send me invitations to be 'linked in' although I received them.


 When, a few months ago a friend invited me to join this organisation I held back from giving them all but the minimum information about myself. I don't know why. But all this sharing of private info and photos (eg.Facebook) makes me uncomfortable. Like the basis for a science fiction novel. You could argue - why is she sharing photos and information on this blog then? I guess I'm comfortable as long as it's only me in control of what is out there...What do you think?

No comments: