Tuesday 20 September 2011

Alison - colour queen



Photos from www.fibrefrenzi.blogspot.com (Apologies for the second one being blurred that's my fault.)


Years ago I used to take a stand every year at an Arundel art and craft event. I remember seeing Alison's stand for the first time there. It was a riot of colour. Layer upon layer of colour drenched cloths that she'd dyed herself.
I thought Kaffe Fassett was the king of colour. Now I knew I'd found the queen of colour!

Alison is a spinner, dyer and artist. I love the way she uses every colour of the rainbow and somehow it always works! She knits, sews, and paints producing bags, silk scarves and thick skeins of yarn. More recently she's got into felt making and is felting bowls too. 

Although she has moved away from the area we' re meeting up soon. I want her things in my shop!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: