Thursday 28 July 2011

Ikea colour and design




Last weekend my daughter and I walked Ikea, Southampton. I saw a white wrought iron double bed I'd like for £86; an Abstract glossy white kitchen - shiny white cupboards look so fresh and clean - and clever 'L' shaped settees that pull out into double beds.

What I actually bought is two white on white square box frames which I was going to put collage into but now I think a grid of some of my carved/interestingly-shaped old mother of pearl buttons would look good in them maybe against some white velvet...

We then went round John Lewis - this is one of my favourite shops. She tried on clothes and I was excited to find a basket of Rowan linen yarns - were £5.50 now reduced right down to £1.65. Yes, they are unusual colours and I guess that's why they're in the sale, but I like unusual colours the best!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: