Monday 21 January 2013

Snow fun




The third picture was taken on Day One when snow first begun to fall making everything smoother and prettier. The pictures above it were taken on the drive home from Horsham yesterday. Like a Christmas card.
I parked my car at work last night as I couldn't negotiate the thick ice down my road confidently.  As I feared I did skid on a narrow country road near my mother's house. For those moments when the car is veering around the road out of control you think: My fate is in the lap of the gods. But luckily there were no other cars about and I didn't land up in the ditch, I re-gained control and kept driving.
I feel for those countries where snow is around for months on end every winter. I guess you get used to it and learn to love it. But for me after four days the novelty has most definitely worn off. So keep warm and enjoy the weather if you can. Roll on springtime!

No comments: