Sunday 9 September 2012

Looking forward to the Knitting and Stitching show

Above and below, examples of nuno felting.
Above, art filled clothes. Sorry I can't credit these to their maker.
 A fun display at The Knitting Hut.

I'm looking forward to my annual visit to the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace in London.
 It's over the weekend of the 13th and 14th of October this year.

It's a big show in two halves. In one giant hall are the trade stalls selling every kind of material you could need for knitting and stitching and in another giant hall are the companies and individual makers selling their wares. To me the most interesting section is the area where textile graduates and professional makers show their ideas, often funky, often totally impractical but always interesting.
Tomorrow I'm planning a trip to London to see what's new with the changing season.

No comments: