Sunday 11 August 2019

This week

Bags from my painted papers
Having fun with paint
Two scarves I'm knitting
I made more painted flower hair clips as the last lot sold out.
Painting on handmade paper. It looks so different.


I like to start my day with painting on a sheet or two of paper.
Therefore I have lots of painted papers. I made the latest lot into bags for the shop. I know people appreciate recycled paper bags. Some people even save the little bags I make from magazine pages. The carrier bags I make from magazine covers are used again as storage bags or gift bags.

A bigger project I have in mind is to sew my sheets of needlefelting (one is seen under the flower hair clips) into cushions. Ideally they'd have a velvet back and hand embroidery on the front. That could be something to do in the shop next week. Lots of people are away on holiday right now so it's a quiet time for the shop. But as long as I have something to make at my work table I am happy. After all it's only three months until that busy time of the year when I always wish I'd made more during these quieter times!

No comments: