Saturday 1 June 2019

Eight days in Greece - Olives

Olive press. A donkey was tied to the central post and as he walked round the olives were pressed under the heavy wheels
I love the grain on this olive wood handmade spoon and I use olive oil soap for felt making
Olive wood reputed to be 1,500 years old
Looking down on the beautiful turquoise sea

I've been in Zakynthos a small Greek island. My youngest rented a villa and invited me to go along. A wonderful opportunity. 

Olive trees abound. The olives are delicious and local olive oil was decanted into an old plastic water bottle for us to cook with. 
I love the grain on olive wood and I bought this spoon and olive oil soap as souvenirs. 
I loved my holiday and I will also love getting back to my shop Handmade Happiness which opens today from 10am to 4.30 pm.
A shop post next but I hope you will be happy, dear reader, if I write about my holiday again in future posts.

No comments: