Monday 22 June 2015

MADE at West Dean

Queen of Sweden roses from my garden now
Love roses, especially when they have a strong scent as well as look beautiful. This bush was from David Austin.
Yesterday I visited the Design and Craft Fair at West Dean. Around 100 stalls in the beautiful setting of West Dean Gardens and West Dean College. An event I had been looking forward to.

 I found some talented craftspeople there.  Check out www.justineallison.com
Justine's paper thin porcelain is amazing. Another ceramicist, www.sianpatterson.co.uk 
uses beautiful colours on her fine stoneware vessels. I'd love to have these peoples' work in the shop.

Becky Crow's complex pictorial silver jewellery is also extremely clever www.beckycrow.co.uk   I also like Sue Gregor's colourful resin earrings www.suegregor.com 
Teresa Green's hand printed clothing is nice www.teresagreen.co.uk and Rachel Larkins has tiny dolls. Her display is like looking inside her imagination. www.rachellarkins.com

I like to find items that have that handmade energy and spontaneity about them. You feel the makers' excitement in the things they make and you sense they are on some kind of creative journey very personal to them.
Those are the people whose work I want in Handmade Happiness.



No comments: