Saturday 7 February 2015

Bunting and boiling over

Bunting by Jenny Stacy
Bunting by Jenny Stacy
This week I am growing increasingly tired of waiting for people.

Waiting for my boiler replacement to be sorted. I've been without a boiler for months now and having discovered I qualify for a government warmth scheme back in September(ie. free replacement boiler) I'm still waiting for (a) to get back to (b). When I speak to (a) of course he professes ignorance. 'Nothing to do with me.' So I ring both (a) and (b) regularly to be told they personally will chase it up and ring me. Do they ring? No.

Waiting for other peoples' decisions on matters of importance. Waiting for people to do what they say they are going to do. Doesn't it drive you mad? I wish I could side step all the hurdles in my way and just do what I think is best (I'm not talking about the boiler now). But I can't, I have to wait, impatiently, for other people to get back to me.

I sometimes wonder whether bureaucrats would act faster on my behalf if I was a man. There I've said it. Has the world not moved on at all???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny
désolée tu es vraiment en colère
courage !

jenny said...

I'm ok. I thought about deleting this post. This blog is after all called Handmade Happiness! But life isn't all sweetness and light is it?!! x