Wednesday 11 June 2014

Monday is London

Scarf horse in Hermes window
Selfridges is the place for magazines
New make up colours?
The entrance to a  Montessori school
Butler and Wilson's window
White childrens' clothes in Tartine et Chocolat
Liberty art fabrics
Interesting Liberty prints mobile
 Today I'm looking forward to a creative play session with two visitors at my home this afternoon. Millie will be looking after the shop for me. Pictures to come.

On Monday I met up with Amy in London and we spent a long time in John Lewis looking at baby equipment. Gosh, how prices have soared since I had small children! The weather was perfect for wandering and, as usual, I took pictures of anything that caught my eye. 

Unusually I was not tempted to buy anything at all. I would rather make than buy right now.
I'd just like more time to make in. I did buy some lovely hand spun Jacobs wool to knit a baby blanket with from Handmade Happiness. Sue Flux, from Petersfield has spun this wool from sheep at Froxfield. You can't get much more local than that! The wool is natural colours - off-white or brown, straight from the sheep, £6-50 to £8-50 a skein.

See below for another post. I've gone a bit crazy with two posts in one day. That is because it could be the last time I write for a while. I've decided to hold off until I get some comments. Writing with no feed back over a long period of time is not rewarding and that is why I have stopped writing as regularly as I used to. Comments encourage me to write more. It's a circular thing...!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog jenny!
Am jealous you've been up to Libertys.
Love the photos too xx
Sue

jenny said...

Thank you Sue.x

Anonymous said...

I'm making more recycled origami star garlands in lovely summery shades for the shop at the moment, and will get them to you ASAP.
Sue x

Chrissy said...

I love the photos you take and share from your days out; they make me more inclined to stop and notice what is going on around me and comment on it to others. It is so easy to get wrapped up in your own world and not communicate your thoughts to other people...this is why your blog is so interesting to read because it is like having a chat with a good friend. Please keep writing and I promise to comment more instead of being a silent guest!

jenny said...

Thank you Chrissy. Love your comment.x