Sunday 17 March 2013

Window close up this week

The work of eleven makers are displayed in the box this week.
Once a week I change everything in the window. In the box display right now, from the top, left to right are:

Twig hooks by Chris Burgess £5 each; mugs by Jacqui Watkins £9-50 each.

 (Just visible) knitted chick by Sue Inglis £4 each - on the tree to the left Sue has knitted tiny bunnies, eggs, sheep, hens all for the same price; Kate Hackett childrens' mug £12;  embroidered brooches by Karen Boller £20 each; embroidered small picture by Sheila Barrow £38.

 Tooth fairy under pillow bag £15 by Linda Innes; handy bag with long strap by Sue Flux £12-50; love you slate heart on dyed cotton tape ribbon £3 by Eve Deary; red ceramic hearts £2 and £3 by Eileen Brown.

 Blue wrist warmers £28 by Hume Sweet Hume; pretty flower heart mug £16 by Kate Hackett; oak door stop £7 by Dennis Gamble.

Yesterday I had some lovely visitors. 
A friend told me she had just seen Liberty fabrics being sold at Age Uk in Petersfield, so as soon as the shop emptied I ran up there and invested in three pieces of good quality fabric (pic to come!).

 Then across the road something caught my eye in Sue Ryder's window. A yellow ochre cotton smocked skirt, yes, quite unusual and £4-95 but inside the shop the best was yet to come. I found a Joseph lambskin jacket size 8 which I think my daughter Amy will love - for £6! That must be the bargain of the decade!!
Again pic to come. And in case you're surprised that I'd buy fur I argue that unlike me Amy isn't vegetarian and if an animal has to be killed for meat might as well use the skin as well. What do you think?

No comments: