Sunday 17 February 2013

Fabrics to use in your projects

Vintage fabrics in Penny Baker's packs
 Sometimes looking at a fabric gives you an idea of what to make with it. Wouldn't it be great if as soon as you looked at that fabric you could sit down and make something at that moment?

 Because as soon as that fabric is put away to be pulled out at some unspecified time in the future somehow the energy of the idea of what you were going to do with it is lost. You've got  a whole bunch of fabrics which you love and are not quite sure how to use them to best effect. That's me anyway!!

I collect and now I want to use. Otherwise my children will one day have an awful lot of stuff to take to the charity shops. Then of course someone like me will see my lovely fabric and get an idea of what they want to make with it, buy it, put it away....and the cycle continues!!

I think Pam Dew's Applique and Quilting classes in Handmade Happiness on Wednesday March 6th and Wednesday March 20th will show me what to do with bits of fabric to good effect. I am really looking forward to them. By the way if you would like to go to one of Pam's classes but the time isn't right for you let me know and we'll see what we can do.

No comments: