Saturday 20 October 2012

Fairy and tissue paper

Fairy by Jenny Stacy
 Here is one of the 11 fairies I've made for the shop.  I found the pretty white silhouette on silver tissue paper in the town. It's by Caspari and also comes in gold. 

A chilly day in the shop today. I like to have the doors open as it looks welcoming but it makes it a bit draughty! 

Today I painted wooden peg dolls. That is I've painted the pegs flesh coloured and added faces. The idea is to buy one at £3 and dress it as a fairy or peg doll yourself. Not sure whether to make them up as kits with fabric and ribbon and 'hair' or just to offer the naked doll...any thoughts?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You could give customers the option of buying a "naked" doll or in kit form.

jenny said...

Thanks Lindsey. Think I might do this with maybe one or two dressed ones for people who don't want to make.