Tuesday 19 June 2012

Bottega dei sapori, Alton

This is my favourite cafe and it's in Alton, Hampshire. 
For lunch I ate a toasted panini sandwich filled with roasted peppers, courgettes and aubergine and taleggio cheese with olives. Don't like crisps so I left them.
In the shop area Franchi seeds above and beautiful pasta below.

And these Alessi storage jars and pretty jars of edible flowers.

When I first moved to Petersfield 6 years ago I was wowed by this cafe in Alton. The food is all freshly made on the premises - the cakes and tarts look really impressive. It's open Monday to Saturday from 8am to 5.30pm.www.bottegadeisapori.co.uk 

Yesterday I walked all round Alton finding some interesting curtains to be made into something else in a charity shop and seeing the sights (pictures of those later in the week.)I planned to visit a Textile exhibition at the Allen gallery but it's closed on a Monday.(It runs til June 30th.)
It is good to get away on my Mondays off. That way I don't just carry on doing shop stuff which I would if I stayed in Petersfield.And now I'm looking forward to getting into the shop again and seeing what today brings.
Oh yes, I found a nice purple washing up bowl in Robert Dyas, Petersfield for just £1.99!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I would love to go back to this cafe with you Mum! It's the best! Amy xx