Tuesday 25 June 2013

Glittering jars

Glittered jam jar with rose from garden
I like to take pictures in this window but a neighbour's parked car is in the way this morning
 Glittered jars are something my daughter wants for her wedding. They will hold tea lights or flowers on the tables. 

To make them you need any clean jar, glitter, glue (I used Mod Podge which is stocked by Hobbycraft) paint brush and plate.

Hold the jar over the plate and brush on the glue avoiding the top of the jar and the base. Sprinkle the glitter over the wet glue still holding the jar over the plate to catch spilt glitter. When all glue is covered in glitter it's done. Leave somewhere to dry. Wash brush.

When I do more I'll use masking tape on the jar to create a neat line of glitter and not to have the glitter cover so much of the jar. Ideally these should be done on site since some glitter will get rubbed off if they are transported.

You could use silver glitter or any coloured glitter to match the occasion. My daughter wants white, pale pink and pale gold as her wedding colours so these are just right.

No comments: