Thursday 13 June 2013

Vintage fabrics I bought for making with

Cottons and an interesting crepe (top right) from the 1940s and 1950s
'Bark' cloth bottom right and really pretty small curtains from the 40s in the centre.
 It's funny to think that here are fabrics that our mothers and grandmothers had hanging as curtains or wore as dresses.
 I don't think I'll ever tire of roses fabrics. Surely roses fabrics (often by Sandersons) are a cottage classic that (hopefully) won't ever go out of fashion.

You'll notice that the top row is the same. I've already used some of the crepe to cover coat hangers (thanks for that idea Penny). Most fabric pieces aren't big enough for clothes (just the blue and white in the middle of picture one) but I think a combination of some of these fabrics and fabrics I have at home will make excellent handbags and the big roses in the first picture can be turned into gorgeous cushions. Promise I'll show you what these fabrics become!


1 comment:

Fibre frenzi said...

the gorgeous fabrics remind me of my Mum!