Saturday 23 March 2013

Impressions of Selvedge and Country Living fairs

inside Anthropologie 
I have 20 pictures on my camera but I can't show you any of them because Picasa isn't uploading pictures from cameras today. Grrrrr.
Please bear with me and I'll hope to show you pictures tomorrow.

Selvedge: To have a stand is £360 for two days including 6-9pm on day one. It's carefully selected. If you are a textile artist it looks a good place to sell. Applications are from the end of April on the Selvedge website.
I found some beautiful work there eg the weaving in natural tones of Catarina Riccabona and Annie Sherburne's rag rugs and the prize for sheer wackiness goes to Sally Falkner with her vintage creatures. It was busy and money was changing hands.
If you want to check out the Selvedge fair for yourself it's on today at Chelsea old town hall 10am to 4pm tickets £7-50 on the door. And today the Hens' Teeth lady will be there. Just for one day.I thought she'd be there yesterday - should have checked her website.

Country Living spring fair: To have a stand is £1,000 plus for 5 days including gala evening on day one. It's selected but not on the basis of handmade. Country Living likes vintage. This fair is about four times bigger than Selvedge and it takes a day to really look at everything. I go looking for handmade and Country Living has been trying to encourage more makers to apply with their magazine competition. But I couldn't find the new makers area. But I heard there had been a pop up market on the Thursday. Maybe that was the competition winners prize... I did find some nice things and a couple of possibles for Handmade Happiness. More later.   Country Living spring fair is also on today at Islington. Admission £16

I now must collect the car from the garage. As sometimes happens they found a lot more wrong with it than we thought...It's going to be an expensive day...hey ho.

No comments: