Saturday 30 March 2013

Anthropologie shop decor

Bold glued paper backdrop.
Recyled cardboard art.
Who thought woven upholstery webbing would look good on the wall?
Dyed paper hydrangeas - huge and beautiful.
Ancient shutters with  old mirror flank shelves of shoes and jewellery.
Lots of 'Wow' moments in the Kings Road branch of American owned Anthropologie. I'm sorry they've stopped the waterfall feature but who else makes recycling look this good? On my last trip to London, a week ago I can honestly say I found my look round Anthropologie as inspiring as Selvedge and Country Living fairs. Regular readers will know I put up lots of photos of their other shop in Regent Street before - that one has a garden growing vertically up the wall!
I'm most fascinated by those paper hydrangeas - I think it's ordinary white paper that's been dip dyed. They would look wonderful at a wedding , a handmade wedding ...

Is it the duty of all makers to use rubbish in some of the things they do? Recycling that which otherwise would go for landfill? Upcycling to make something better than the sum of its parts. I think I'll make an upcycling board on Pinterest for inspiration.

And if you don't want to just give chocolate this Easter get over to Handmade Happiness today- lots of Easter handmade presents from £2 to £18.
Enjoy your weekend! 

No comments: