Friday 15 February 2013

A day of surprises

New notebooks by Jacqui Watkins. Large £8, small £5; mushrooms by Peter; doll by Jenny Stacy; sheep by Sue Inglis .
Yesterday a lovely lady came into the shop and we got chatting. She makes soft furnishings and said how she hates to throw away the scraps of fabric left over. I cheekily mentioned the forthcoming Hand applique and quilting course and she said she'd drop in some bits. 

Imagine my surprise and delight when just a couple of hours later she came back to the shop with three sackfuls of the most beautiful fabrics! I feel overwhelmed at her generosity and wish I'd taken her telephone number to thank her again.

Last night I went to the preview of William Pullen's collage exhibition at Art Muse a new gallery in Petersfield's Chapel Street. It was buzzing and we had a great time.

No comments: